Have a passion for games? Want to write for us about them? We want to hear from you. We’re always looking for people to help out.
D-pad Joy is a video game site that strives for quality in everything we do. If you’re a passionate and talented creator, we want to hear from you. We’re currently looking for gaming experts to join our growing team. Our available positions are as follows:
We need writers who can focus on the biggest gaming news of the week, especially those who have an impressive knowledge of the Xbox and PlayStation systems. These experts will know instinctively what gamers want to hear about on a weekly basis.
You would be required to post 2-3 news stories a week at first – the emphasis here is on quality, not quantity. Your written English must be of a high standard.
Reviewers and Feature Writers
We need game reviewers who are comfortable in long-form writing and love to analyse the games they play. You would be expected to review games as they come out.
Our feature pieces will vary in length, but we’re looking for creativity here. We’re also not expecting you to churn out pieces, one high-quality post a week is a good place to start.
Again for both positions, your written English must be of a high standard.
“If you’re a passionate and talented creator, we want to hear from you”.
You will receive the following for your time and effort:
- Free video games and access to events
- A platform for your voice and recognition for your work
- Feedback and experience that helps you grow as a writer
Interested? Please send an email to email@example.com clearly stating what position you’re applying for in the subject line. Here’s what each position requires:
- News writers – a fresh sample of your writing (250-450 words) written on anything newsworthy that has happened in the past 5 days. If your sample is good enough, we will also publish this as your first piece for the site.
- Reviewers and feature writers – a fresh sample of your writing (500-1000 words) that sells your creativity; show your passion for gaming. Maybe that’s an existential analysis of your favourite game. Maybe it’s something else. If your sample is good enough, we will also publish this as your first piece for the site.
N.B. If you haven’t heard from us straight away, relax – we consider all applications with great care and attention to detail.
The D-pad Joy team