E3 is always a busy time of the year. In fact it’s so busy that some games and their exciting new updates get simply buried under the rush and excitement of it all. XCOM 2, with its expansion War of the Chosen, was one of those games. So what does this extra content, announced at E3, add?
Here’s what’s coming:
- Resistance factions, the Reapers, the Skirmishers and Templars
- Your next enemy, the “Chosen”, made up of Hunters, Assassins and Warlocks
- Brand new missions and environments
- A challenge mode
- Additional ADVENT forces made up of Priests, Purifiers, Spectres and The Lost
The Chosen are said to be one of the toughest foes XCOM has ever faced. They can kidnap, interrogate and kill your soldiers. While the ADVENT’s new Spectre unit can create dark copies of your troops – you’ll also be dealing with psionic Priests and the Purifiers that just love to blow things up.
Luckily, soldiers, scientists and engineers can be deployed for ‘Covert Actions’ which boost your supplies and increase your favour with the factions. Soldiers can also now form bonds with other teammates for extra abilites.
What’s it coming to?
- Xbox One, too early for the Xbox One X, but we expect a patch will come later
- 29th August
Here’s a few trailers to whet your appetite. The first is the announce trailer from E3. The second is our first look at one of the Chosen – The Assassin.
The Assassin Trailer
And here’s a few screenshots in case you’re still not sure if you want to dive in come August.
Good luck Commander, you’re going to need it.
Page last updated 20th June.